When you’re feeling ready to impress with your creativity, but still a little lazy – these Sweet Potato and Hummus Croquettes are sure to please whoever. From little weaning toddlers to hoity-toity guests, these golden wonders are always a sure shot hit – and pretty easy to put together too. Pair with a dash of harissa sauce for extra yummy zing!
- 2 tbsp Saucery Hummus
- 2 x Medium sweet potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 tbsp Spring onion greens, chopped
- 2 tsp Paprika powder
- 2 tsp Refined flour
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 4 tbsp Water
- Bread crumbs, to coat
- Oil, to deep fry
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- Combine the Saucery hummus, mashed sweet potatoes, spring onions, paprika powder, salt and pepper and mix it well. Cool this mixture for 30 mins.
- Make a slurry by mixing the refined flour, corn flour and water together. Add a pinch of salt to this.
- Divide and shape the croquettes and coat them in the slurry and then the bread crumbs.
- Freeze for 15 mins and then deep fry until it turns golden brown.