Especially during those gloomy monsoon days, there’s nothing quite like hot, spicy corn. There’s also just an element of fun in picking out the corn kernels off the cobs! Whether you do it the traditional handpicked way, cut out the kernels with a knife or just use frozen corn, this spicy golden corn recipe with our Saucery twist is heart-warming and makes you feel cosy.
For the batter
- 1 tbsp Refined flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tbsp Saucery Schezwan
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup Corn kernels, boiled
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp Spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Saucery Schezwan
- Salt, to season
- Combine the refined flour, corn flour, egg, Saucery Schezwan, and salt to make a batter. Coat the corn kernels in the batter completely.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick wok, and deep-fry the corn in 2 batches till they turn golden brown. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and stir fry for 2 mins. Add the spring onions and continue to stir fry for 2 mins more.
- Add the Saucery Schezwan sauce, batter-fried corn and toss on a high flame for 1 minute. Adjust seasoning and serve immediately.