Sometimes all you need is a hug. And there's nothing more satisfying than when that hug takes the form of your favourite food. This sun-dried tomato pesto and black olive risotto is the perfect meal for when you need that whole and cozy feeling, and is a significantly lower fat version than most other risottos too!
Serves - 2
Prep time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 25 mins
Total time – 30 mins
What you need
Risotto Rice (Arborio) –1/2 cup
Stock – 1 tbsp stock powder with 750ml water
Butter - 2 tbsp
Garlic, chopped – 1 tbsp
Black Olives, pitted – 2-6 no
Red Wine (optional) – 4 tbsp
Saucery Sundried Tomato Pesto – ½ jar
Milk – ½ cup
Cream (optional) – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
How you do it
- Boil the risotto rice in stock for 15 mins until the rice is 90% cooked.
- Heat butter in a pan and lightly sauté garlic. Add the red wine and glaze the pan.
- Add the Saucery Sundried Tomato Pesto and milk into the pan.
- Now add in the boiled risotto rice and toss well. Continue cooking until the rice is completely done. Pour in the cream now gently.
- Add the black olives
- Check and adjust the seasoning and serve hot, garnished with shaved parmesan and a sprig of rosemary.