The ultimate cheesy, spicy finger food - these jalapeno and mushroom poppers are the perfect appetizers for a party, and the ideal snack for movie time or game day. It's a hit with the entire family and takes just a few minutes to prepare. When you've got last minute guests, these poppers are the way to go!
- Saucery Mushroom Pepper
- 100g (1/2 jar) Cheese Slice
- 3 x Jalapenos, chopped
- 12-15 slices Salt To taste
- 1 x Egg, slightly beaten
- Refined flour
- 5 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Oil - To deep fry
- In a pan, heat Saucery mushroom pepper until it becomes thick. Add in the cheese and the chopped jalapeños. Continue cooking until the cheese melts. Adjust seasoning and cool this mixture in a refrigerator for 20 mins.
- Once chilled, divide this mix into 10 equal portions and shape them into balls and coat each portion with refined flour, then egg wash and then bread crumbs. Place these poppers in a tray and freeze them for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok. Once the oil is hot, quickly recoat the poppers with bread crumbs and deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot.