Here’s a fun twist to chicken tikka. Replace the chutney with the caramelised onion and dill dip for a “nawaabi” style meal!
- 500gms Boneless chicken
- 250gm Curd
- 3 tbsp Chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala (optional)
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp Gram flour (besan)
- Butter, for brushing while on skewers or if using a microwave
- 2 x Onions
- Clean and cut the chicken into medium sized pieces.
- Marinade the chicken with all the dry spices, gram flour, curd and mix well.
- Cut the onions into fine slices and deep fry them and add them to the marinade and keep aside.
- Prepare your barbecue, after it attains a good temperature add the chicken to the skewers and grill them on the barbecue, to maintain the moistness keep applying butter.(you can also cook the chicken in a pan with some oil if barbecue is not available, if using a microwave preheat the oven to 360'c for 15minutes and when you add the chicken get it down to 280'c.)
- Once the chicken cooks and gets a nice colour, remove the chicken from the skewer and plate them.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala and lemon and dip it in the Saucery Caramelized Onion and Dill dip.