Looking for a new take on the same old bruschetta? Try this super easy, uber gourmet bruschetta when you're feeling a little fancy. Paired with a glass of wine - this is the stuff we live for. With the soft sweetness of the caramelized onions and the tart of the Saucery sundried tomato pesto and molten cheese - you will have made little bite-size pieces of happiness by the end of it.
No of portions – 10 no
Prep time – 10 mins
Total time – 10 mins
Bruschetta bread – 10-12 no
Butter – 2 tbsp
Onions – ¼ a medium onion
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Grated Cheese – 2 tbsp
Sundried Tomato Pesto – 3-4 tbsp
- Slice the bread into bite sizes.
- Apply butter on the breads and top it with the grated cheese. Heat in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Heat the sugar and oil together on a flame. Caramelise onions by adding them in once the oil-sugar mixture goes brown.
- Put a dollop of Saucery sundried tomato pesto and caramelised onions on each crostini.
- Voila! Serve whilst the cheese is still warm.
PS: Feel free to go fancy with your cheese! Goats cheese (not to be molten), camembert, brie - all of these would be wonderful and add a big lift as well, in place of regular grated cheese.
**Image courtesy Cooks with Cocktails